Instant Style: Patterned Runners

Friday, June 21, 2013



Lacking space for furniture and more traditional decoration, staircases are often completely forgotten and are, well, a bit bland! One way to add instant style and visual interest is to install a bold runner. A runner does not have to exactly match the other rugs in the home - in fact, I love the eclectic contrast when it doesn't. I adore all kinds of patterns, but at the moment, I am especially crazy for stripes. If you have stairs that need a pop of unexpected pattern and are feeling crafty, this is a really great guide to DIY runner installation. 

And here are some of my favorite runner inspirations to get you started . . . 









These last two are actually painted directly on the treads. What a clever and low cost alternative!

Would you ever try this look at home? 
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

sb signature

1 comment:

Raj Singh said...

Love the idea of your colorful runners. I have been trying to make my staircase more lively.Thanks for this

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan