Trend Alert: Map it Out!

Monday, March 5, 2012


I love all the maps I am spotting everywhere in decor lately! I have always has a fascination with maps ever since my sister and I used to spend hours drawing them in sidewalk chalk and now, living oh so far away in Singapore, I love looking at them more than ever.  Maps are chic and often very affordable wall decor and I love the graphic element they bring. They can work in spaces from a sophisticated entry to a funky children's room to a beachy bedroom so don't hold back . . . 













I really love the faded, worn look of vintage maps and the monochromatic punch of this indigo and white one. There are often great finds at garage sales or on Etsy so keep your eyes open . . . or try this great source!


{via 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13.}

XOXO
sb signature

3 comments:

Julia - the Urban Slant said...

I've always loved maps! Something about daydreaming about all the places you want to visit that makes them so perfect for decor.

Lallabel said...

I like this use of maps!

Carolina said...

It was meant to be! Somehow your blog and this post showed up on my blog (I'm new to this!). I'm currently obsessed with maps, so much that it is the "theme" of our wedding. No cheesy map cake or anything but the invites have a world map with hearts over the places we are from... little touches like that. I'm planning on decorating our home with maps here and there and plan on putting a huge one over our bed. Love, love this blog post. Thanks for all of the inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan