Trend Alert: Color Blocked Walls

Monday, February 20, 2012


We have all seen a lot of bold color blocking in fashion this year, and I am thrilled to see that the trend has spilled over to interiors too! Using paint to create large, crisp blocks of color is a brilliant way to add architecture and texture to a plain space! It's a great way to bring in a vibrant paint color without overpowering the whole space. Plus, this faux wainscoting is so affordable and even can work in rental apartments or homes. 





Love this last image - yellow and gray is such a chic combo! Dying to try it at home!

{via 1. 2. 3. 4. 5}
sb signature

6 comments:

Leslie said...

I like it! It's amazing what you can do with paint. :) The third image is my favorite. I'd love to try it, but I'm afraid that my lines wouldn't be as neat.

design elements said...

the 3rd image caught my heart.

Unknown said...

So original ! LOVE this trend !
xx

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

Oh wow I never thought about this before, but I love it!

Claudia Lane said...

Loving it...hope you are having a great day
xo

The Vintique Object said...

I absolutely love this idea along with the examples you've shown. I've been considering grey the like tone you've shown in our stairwell to hide the scuff marks, but to avoid painting all the way to the ceiling, which is too high for even a tall ladder.
Camille

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan